How Much to Pay for Exotic Car Transport
Shipping is something that many people do not understand or are scared of due to the high liability of carrying such expensive cars in tight trailers coast-to-coast. Here is a list of what you should know when shipping you car coast-to-coast or from one state to the next.
Otherwise keep these points in mind:
- Find a carrier who has been in business for at least 5 years.
- Be specific about covered shipping or open.
- Be specific about lift gates for high end exotics to prevent clutches burning and bottoms scraping.
- Make sure they have insurance.
- Google their name for feedback.
- Don’t confuse brokers and shipping companies.
Shipping coast-to-coast costs a broker or shipper $800 - $1,200, so anything above that is profit. Shipping quotes for $2-3K coast-to-coast are too much, and you should leverage our Insider’s discount to save money.