Shipping is something that many people do not understand or are scared of due to the high liability of carrying such expensive cars in tight trailers coast-to-coast. Here is a list of what you should know when shipping you car coast-to-coast or from one state to the next.
If you are an Insider, look into our resources for special discounted quotes just for you.
Otherwise keep these points in mind:
- Find a carrier who has been in business for at least 5 years.
- Be specific about covered shipping or open.
- Be specific about lift gates for high end exotics to prevent clutches burning and bottoms scraping.
- Make sure they have insurance.
- Google their name for feedback.
- Don’t confuse brokers and shipping companies.
Shipping coast-to-coast costs a broker or shipper $800 – $1,200, so anything above that is profit. Shipping quotes for $2-3K coast-to-coast are too much, and you should leverage our Insider’s discount to save money.