Top 5 Most Affordable Exotic Cars
The words “affordable” and “exotic” typically aren’t on the same page, let alone in the same title. The idea that exotic cars are affordable didn’t work for quite a while, but we have been working hard for our Insiders to show you how affordable the right ones really are. If you have been getting our weekly deals, then you already know; but if not, then here is some knowledge.
Exotic cars can be expensive to repair, but they don’t have to be. We are tired of hearing that maintenance and insurance are astronomical, because most people who own them know that they aren’t (even though most dreamers think they are).
Here is our list of top exotic cars from an affordability standpoint. We consider cost, depreciation, repairs, and maintenance on our list.
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage – Only in 6 speed manual. It has widely available parts on the secondary market, low depreciation, and very limited maintenance. Excellent craftsmanship. Please refer to our Aston Martin V8 Vantage buyers guide.
- Lamborghini LP560 – Has a great clutch system that doesn’t kill your clutch every year, low maintenance as there are no fancy electronics in there, and lots and lots of third party repair and parts support. Also very interchangeable parts between the older and newer generation cars including the Audi R8. Please refer to our Lamborghini LP560 buyers guide.
- Audi R8 – Actually not that expensive, except for trim buttons. Most of the mechanical stuff that breaks are old generation Lambo parts, and this car has such a strong following online that there is almost an aftermarket part for every part on the car. Please refer to our Audi R8 buyers guide.
- Maserati GranTurismo. While we don’t love Maserati cars, we can always appreciate the second generation GranTurismo for its very reliable platform, transmission, and electronics. It’s been out long enough that it has massive support by the communities in the aftermarket world.
- Porsche 911 Turbo S – Ironically way more expensive to buy than most exotics on our list and sometimes even called a ‘not so exotic’ car, but if you check out our car reviews, you’ll see why I call it the best exotic ever made.
There you have it; five incredible cars that will melt your heart and not break your wallet when considering getting an exotic.